Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Mini Girl Scout Album

One of my passions for the past 8 years has been Girl Scouting. Last year my wonderful co-leader gave me a great end of the year gift. It included a 12x12 Girl Scout Scrapbook Album, K&Company Girl Scouts Two-Sided Paper Pad , some embellishments such as stickers and rub-ons and more. I hadn't done anything with it being busy with so many other scrap projects but then I finally decided to start a project with the supplies for the end of the GS year. I decided to put together a mini album of the year and while I do not have all the photos in it, I thought I would share anyhow since many Girl Scouts are coming back from summer camps and other troops are getting ready to start back up soon. Hopefully if you have a GS in your life, child or adult, you will feel inspired to create something for them. Right now I am busy completing a different style of mini album as a thank you gift for my co-leader.
This album is constructed of chipboard and is hand cut. The paper comes from a pack manufactured by K&Company but individual papers can also be purchased. The various items used included Martha Stewart's Edge Punches, Recollections Gems, American Crafts Ribbons, Paper Company's Paper Flowers, Stickles, Color Box Cat's Eye Chalks, various brads and paper floss. As you can see the entire thing is held together using rings. If you have specific questions about something you see or how something was done please do not hesitate to inquire.


I was able to create the cover by only cutting the section of the 12 x 12
paper I actually wanted.




















No comments:

Post a Comment