Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This will be a busy week....

It is my guess that this will be a busy week for a lot of the scrappers out there given the month is about to end. Many design team calls are coming to an end now (good luck to those doing the selecting, I am sure things are just insane with responses) plus some of our favorite magazines and books have deadlines for calls this week. Such as Scrapbook Trends Magazine; Paper Crafts Magazine; Scrapbooks Etc.; and even Creating Keepsakes Magazine has some calls out there.

I was really happy to get an update from Candace at Paper Crafts by Candace over at Scrap~A~Doodle~Dee~Doo's blog because she has a summer project contest about to end on Saturday that I think I should like to participate it. She also has a new Cricut challenge with a zoo theme...so ironic as we just said we were going to take the kids to the zoo this coming weekend AND I just bought some great paper for scrapping from VIP Papers which is exclusive to them. I really like that my local shop VIP and R are able to carry exclusive papers to our area. For example I can grab the Honkers paper at RSC and Como Zoo at VIP. So I strongly recommend that you always shop your local scrapbook/paper shop because this is the place to pick up those speciality papers.ochester Scrapbooking Company

Anyhow, I am getting off topic. Another exciting thing? Better Living Through Scrapbooking is preparing to go live with the site on August 1st. This is going to be a blog with contests and kits to win and I think random give aways. In fact they just gave away a Teresa Collins - Welcome Home kit which I recently learned can be had on clearance at Amazon.com....yes, I didn't win...this time! LOL I was only 1 person away though :) I really like that BLTS uses random.org as the way of choosing winners and it is displayed right there on the blog site so you can see the generated winner. Congrats by the way to Liz who was the winner and will use the papers for a gift for her mom. Oh yeah, you can currently win a gift certificate right now from BLTS too for $50.00. I'm not going to tell you how though you are going to have to check it out. In the meantime, I wish all the luck to BLTS as they try to choose the members of the new design team this week while also heading to CHA!

Well I am off to try my hand at one of Liz Chidester's new sketches which I will be sure to post here as soon as it is done. As you can see I am pulling another all nighter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment